NovoFine® Autocover®—designed for added safety.
Removing and disposing of needles after injection can lead to accidental needlesticks. If you're concerned about accidental needlesticks, NovoFine® Autocover® may be the right needle for you.
You’re covered against accidental needlesticks.
NovoFine® Autocover® has a protective shield that retracts during injection. After injecting, the shield re-covers the needle and locks back into place, which may help reduce the risk of accidental needlesticks and needle reuse.a
The NovoFine® Autocover® safety shield may help you avoid the potential problems outlined above because once it locks, the needle can't be reused.
NovoFine® Autocover® comes in 30G 8 mm.
NovoFine® Autocover® plastic shield hides the needle.
The first thing you’ll notice when you look at NovoFine® Autocover® is what you don’t see—the needle. A built-in shield covers the needle so it’s hidden before, during, and after the injection.
Other reasons why NovoFine® Autocover® may be right for you:
Designed to enhance flow rates and reduce dosage force.
Can be used with pen injector devices for subcutaneous injection of drugs.b
NovoFine® Autocover®—the right fit for you.
Talk to your health care provider about NovoFine® Autocover®. Together you can decide if it’s a good needle option for you.
Important information regarding the proper use of NovoFine® Autocover® needles
The information below is a summary. Download and review the Instructions for Use for full information on how to use NovoFine® Autocover® needle.
- Always use a new needle for each injection to help ensure sterility and prevent blocked needles. Do not reuse or share needles with another person. You may give other people a serious infection or get a serious infection from them
- Keep hands away from the needle shield at all times
- Remove the protective tab
- Attach the NovoFine® Autocover® needle to your medicine pen device
- Remove the needle cap before injecting your medicine
- Check the flow before each injection by performing an air shot
- See full Instructions for Use for NovoFine® Autocover® and the instructions that were provided with your medicine pen device
After your injection, put your used needles in an FDA-cleared sharps disposal container. For more information about safe sharps disposal and for specific information about sharps disposal in the state that you live in, go to the FDA’s website at: http://www.fda.gov/safesharpsdisposal
aNeedlesticks may occur at the needle base.
bAs of June 2022.